December 4, 2021

Top Nine Frasier Christmas Episodes







Frasier was one of the best sitcoms ever made, and like any good show they did a far amount of holiday episodes. I decided to rank them based on how much I like them, omitting the two Thanksgiving shows because I've discussed them elsewhere. I am including the New Year's Episode.



High Holidays

This episode makes the top of the list by default since it's really not a Christmas episode. Aside from the Decor, this could have been an episode set anytime during the final season. It's not a bad episode, but it is a bad Christmas episode. 



Mary Christmas

Most consider this one of the worst and I can't really disagree. Frasier comes off way to obnoxious here to the point it becomes parody. When Dr.Mary first appeared, it was made clear why Frasier was afraid to confront Mary. Here, there is no reason and it's just lame. 



Miracle on 3rd or 4th Street

This is the one most will disagree with me on. This first season episode is a classic for many. But for me. it's a dreary and depressing show made no better by the attempted uplifting ending. I hate the early days when Frasier was fighting with his father..just because. 




We Two Kings

Ths one was the hardest to place. The stories never really come together, especially Roz being attracted to Santa Claus. But the way the episode ends is sweet, and I guess it's not the worst but not the best. 



RDWRER

This is the New Year's episode and it's just silly antics. The episode is goofy fun and I can't find any major fault with that.




Merry Christmas, Mrs Moskowitz

Another tough call but the writing is solid and as long as you dont mind endless Jewish jokes the episode is fine. 




The Fight Before Christmas

The title makes no sense but this is a cool episode. Besides seeing Frasier suffer which is nice once and awhile it's one of the better Niles and Daphne will they por wont they fake outs. It's well written and enjoyable. 


Perspectives on Christmas

Just a fantastic episode. When I first saw it advertised, I was afraid it was gonna by to cynical but it really works. The way the stories come together is just fantastic. Though Daphne's believing Martin is dying is a little over the top, but not enough to ruin the episode. 



Frasier Grinch

This shouldn't be a big surprise because I once listed this episode as one of my favorite Christmas episodes of all time. I just love it especially that sweet ending which makes me smile every time. The plot is simple, Frasier needs a gift for his son, but the episode has plenty of charming moments to make it all work. 



Disagree? Comment and let me know. 



No comments:

Post a Comment