December 2, 2021

My Next 12 Favorite Christmas Commercials Ever

 So I was watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade when this ad came on:



It got me thinking, they don't make Christmas commercials anymore like they used to. There was a real charm and quality to those old ads. So, since it's been ten years since I discussed favorite Christmas commercials, it's only right to do another 12.




I did a whole article discussing Coca Cola's Christmas commercials. So it's about time Pepsi got some love. And is one of their better holiday ads. 





Here is a sweet one from Hallmark which is just so well done. However, why do I feel as if this wouldn't fly today?





Back when Blockbuster Video was a thing, we got this short and sweet ad which is a lot of fun.





And who doesn't remember these soulless abominations Nestle gave us back in the 90's? Go ahead, get that song out of your head, I dare you! 




The following video has two commercials, one I adore The first is a simple but sweet Sprite commercial. The rest another McDonald which is fine though not classic.





I think we all remember the famous "Got Milk?" campaign from years. This one asks an important question, what happens if you leave cookies out for Santa with no Milk? He turns into the grinch apparently





Ok we know what happens when Santa doesn't get Milk, but what happens when you try to steal his Eggo Waffle?





I'm of two minds on this Polaroid ad. On the one hand the Santa here is a jerk, and the idea he would shortchange a kid because he didn't understand the letter is stupid. But I got to hand it to the ad agency or whoever came up with the idea because the ad makes its point and beautifully. 






Here is a simple but fantastic ad for Corn Flakes that is really to adorable for words. 









Just to tie in to my previous article on commercial mascots, we have this awesome Kellogg's where all the gang come together for the holiday. And yes Dig'Em is there!! Though...who the heck was Tusk the Elephant???



for the record he was the mascot of Cocoa Krispies before he was dropped and the mascon changed to a monkey. Guess I should have talked about him last time!








Finally, If you told me Brad Garrett was gonna play Frankenstein the last thing I would expect that to be in would be a Christmas ad. Wanted to end with a current one and this one was memorable and sweer, and perfect note to go out on, 



The amount of Christmas commercials that have come out over the years is staggering. It takes something special for one to not only be remembered, but as much a part of the holiday as any other carol or TV special. 

No comments:

Post a Comment