December 31, 2011

In all seriousness......



An open letter for all to read.
Dear TGWTG,
As we bring this year to a close I had to take a minute and express my gratitude to this site. I know Doug Walker and co do not read these blogs, but this partly goes out to the blogging community so here we go. When I discovered this site back around March, it was an accident. I was on YouTube when I came across the video the NC did for cliche's, and that got me interested. I wanted to see what else was on here, and the first review I think I watched was Independance Day. I laughed my ass off. I hardly really laugh, and that review made me LAUGH. What I didn't mention yet was that at this point in my life, things were bad. I was just unceremoniously released from a job (will spare you the details) and was very low. NC gave me some much needed, and very real, laughs. At first I confined myself to the NC. I laughed at all his stuff, I remember one night I was up until after 1:00 because I couldn't stop watching. However, I still only watched his. Then was until in July. A little movie came out called Suburban Knights. I loved it, it was just so well made. Good story, interesting characters, and decent action. The cool thing is that I suddenly wanted to know more about the other reviewers. I watched Linkara, Film Brain, and all of them. After NC, Linkara is my favorite, what Lewis does on that show is amazing. I am not trying to sound like a stalker fan when I say I think if we knew each other somehow, we would be friends. Ok, some of the reviewers I don't like as much. However, I am a loyal fan to ATFW, Nostaligia Chick, Film Brain, and Obscurus Lupa even though I don't care for everything she revierws. I appreciate Brad Jones, but he reveiws such trash (though he does do it well). I hate horror movies so while Phelous is funny I don't watch regularly. Iron Liz is great,, Paw's videos are very gpod,  and I enjoy Marzgurl. There are a couple I hate, but will not mention names. I also discovered some of Doug Walker's other characters, like Bum Reviews which I love. I spent a lot of time catching up on what I'd missed, I love the reviews so much I watched them whether or not I had ever seen what they were reviewing. That's how well they do their reviews. After watching and catching up on all of this I watched Suburban Knights again, and it was even better this time now that I knew everyone. The jokes made more sense. I was now a loyal fan of anything that came out of the site. Then around August, I discovered the blogging community. To my surprise, I was welcomed! Now I get to do something I always loved, write, about stuff I have always loved but never been able to really share. This site kept a hard year from being even worst, and makes me feel like I am part of a community. I hope that this site goes on for many years, and maybe someday I will get to express my gratitude in person. Thanks for a great year filled big laughs and new discoveries, looking forward to what lies ahead. Happy New Year 2012!!!!
With warmest regards,
Richtv

No comments:

Post a Comment