October 3, 2019

Ten Favorite Movie Closing Songs

It’s well known that a lot of movies these days will have post credit scenes as a way to keep the audience watching. But sometimes you don’t need more scenes or bloopers, all you need is a kick ass song which people want to stick around and here. Mist of the tine when the credits roll and the lights come up, we walk out and that’s it. But when the marriage between a song and a movie is perfect, so that you can’t imagine one without the other, you have to stay until the song is over for the experience to be complete. Even if you’re watching the movie at home for the tenth time.





Here are ten examples of what I mean. For this list I didn’t want credits that showed scenes or had dialogue. Just the credits with the black screen (or minimal images) and that fantastic song playing over it. Because sometimes if its the right song that’s all you need!




Titanic
One of the things that made thus movie amazing was the score. My Heart Goes On was a great song for this movie, and the transition to the full song is just wonderful.

(best video I could find)







The Neverending Story
One of the best examples of thus you’ll find. I don’t remember a lot about this movie, except the horse dying that haunts my dreams, but I will always love that classic song which fits the film like a glove.







The Breakfast Club
Don’t you, forget about me. A great song and a great ending to this movie.








Flashdance
This one is almost iconic. What a feeling! I’m cheating a little with this, but who in their right minds turns this off before that song is done???









Iron Man
I guess I’m cheating a little here. First of all, it’s not a song. Second there are graphics. But man is that guitar riff not the most perfect tune for this movie and I felt I had to include this fantastic one.






Lilo & Stitch
I’ve talked before about the fantastic cover of Hunka Burning Love by Wynonna which ended this movie. One of my favorites!







Back to the Future
Love this movie right down to that ending where we get to here the lesser known of the Huey Lewis songs featured.








Beverly Hills Cop II
This movie ended on a real high note, first with a joke that the movie had been building to. And then that awesome song to end on a high note.






Die Hard
I’d be remiss if I left this one off. What action movie isn’t complete without a cover f “Let it Snow” at the end?

(yeah I know it was better in the first movie but I couldn’t find a decent clip of that one)







Stand By Me
I was not a fan of this movie, for various reasons, but man was the closing and end musci just perfect for it. It’s one of the best marriages of movie and ending music I’ve ever seen.









Plenty more out there. If I missed your favorite comment and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment