April 18, 2020

10 Classic Symphonies Used in TV Commercials



It seems almost ridiculous that world famous music made centuries ago by world renowned composers would fit in with a modern commercial for some random product. But, it works! Not only does it work, but very often the music will suddenly be synonymous with the products its selling,





The William Tell Overture
This is one of the most overused pieces of music ever. Even appearing in everything from Lone Ranger to The Brady Bunch (twice!).






Howdoen
Ok this isn’t centuries old but Aaron Copeland’s “Hoedown”  will always be associated with beef thanks to these awesome ads that I always loved. And here’s a bonus, Robert Mitchum doing voiceover!



1812 Overture
Ah, I’m sure when Tchaikovsky first created the 1812 Overture it was commercial about crappy sandwiches that was most on his mind. LOL






O Fortuna
I bet O Fortuna is well known, it’s gotta be one of the most overplayed scores ever. And trust me that’s not just my opinion! By Carl Orff





Fur Elie
I love this one. I think it’s been used a love theme in movies. Beethoven of course.






Cello Suite
Cant forget a little Bach






Little Night
and it’s only fair to have a little Mozart thrown in there! This one is also wayyyy overused.





Ode to Joy
My favorite piece of music from Beethoven. But to me, it will always be the “Suddenly Susan” theme.






Mozart sonata
car commercials have a long history of using classical music to make their cars seem more elegant





and finally it’s not Christmas but how could I forget this one…







there are plenty more out there so if I missed one comment and let me know

No comments:

Post a Comment