February 24, 2019

Top 6 Favorite Leonard Nimoy Moments in Star Trek


Almost four years ago now Leonard Nimoy passed away. Man does tine fly. At the time I did s tribute where I discussed my favorite roles of his outside Star Trek. A year later I discussed five Spock moments in Star Trek which were…less than great. But what are the best Spock moments from Star Trek? As you know Nimoy made that character one of the best loved characters ever, and his scenes were almost always well done whether we was taking command of the Enterprise or having a casual conversation with Kirk.
 
 


 



Here are my six favorite Spock moments, from just the original series :



#6.The Naked Time
I always seem to bring this scene up but it’s one of the best acted moments in the series. We see, for the first time in the series, the real struggle between his Vulcan and human side.









#5.Mirror Mirror
This is kinda a cheat since we are dealing with the evil empire Spock here. But man is Nimoy times more menacing here, and Spock totally rocks that goatee.








#4.This Side of Paradise

It’s kinda funny to see Spock be a disobedient jerk to Kirk. After getting hit with some spores he is feeling good and loving life. Was this show made in the 60’s? Oh yeah, it was.






#3.Trouble with Tribbles
There’s gotta be at least one Spock/McCoy argument here. These arguments were so much fun and, you could argue, one of he big draws that brought fans in. They wanted to see these arguments because they were so funny. And at the same time we always knew that deep down the two respected each other.







#2.All Our Yesterday’s
Need a third season one, and trust me that is hard. One episode that kind of stands out from that year is “All our Yesterday’s”. This is a slog for me, but a lot of others like it. It even spawned some spin-off books. Most notably because the scenes between Spick and Zarabeth played by a young Mariette Hartley.








#1.Journey To Babel
This may be one of the best scenes in the series, period. This takes place after Sarek has fallen ill and Kirk is attacked and injured. Logically, of course Spock assuming command is more important than anything else. But emotionally speaking…dude, that’s your father! Well that kind of sums this up and the acting is simply top notch.








Finally, one last video to leave on:








Yes I know I didn’t include “Amok Time” I couldn’t find a good clip. But Nimoy owned that whole episode.
Did I miss your favorite scene? Comment and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment