May 27, 2012

Random Thoughts-The Avengers 3-D



***SPOILERS!!****
So I finally went to see The Avengers this weekend. To be honest, I was worried. The last time I saw a movie that everyone loved was The Muppets and, well, that was a disappointment to me. So I was a little nervous, is this going to live up to the hype from everyone I have heard? Well, I went to the theater and after two  hours my reaction was simple.

THIS MOVIE WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, this was as good and everyone said it was and I enjoyed it. There were a few nitpicky things I could harp on. For instance, the villain was really bland. I didn’t see Thor so maybe I missed something, but this villain was boring (I should have seen that I just don’t like Thor-but he was great in this film). I was also annoyed with the resolution, the whole nuclear bomb thing reminded me of Armageddon and that is one movie I don’t want to be reminded me of. It felt like they had no idea how to end this so they just made something up. How come Banner couldn’t control Hulk at first but later he seemed to? The whole Hawkeye being evil thing seemed pointless, New York and an alien invasion….again??

Ok, now that my nitpicking is done I can say that flaws aside, this was a really well done film. The characters were so much fun which is one thing that made this a great watch. From Iron Man to Black Widow. The other thing was the actions scenes were done just right. This wasn’t a Michael Bay type of film where the action is so much that you are shouting stop by the end. It was refreshing to see a movie that felt like an honest to goodness comic book movie! Green Lantern was weak, and Dark Knight was a good movie but it was not a good comic book movie.  It was very well done, well balanced and it didn’t feel like any one character got overshadowed or neglected. The action scenes were very well done, and to be fair there wasn’t a boring moment to be had. The battle between Iron Man and Thor (and Captain America) was amazing. In fact this movie felt like an old fashioned comic book team up which was awesome. I was expecting to get bored with the heroes bickering but they handled it very well. Could go on but I think I made my point. I was very impressed, well worth the wait and totally lived up to the hype.

I could get into the plot and story but that has been done to death. I think I explained why I liked it, and if anyone has an answer to my nitpicks feel free to share I am by no means an expert and may have missed something especially since I did not see all the previous movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment