April 6, 2022

Five More PSA's From When I Was Growing Up

 It was almost ten years ago that I did a look at my favorite PSA's growing up. About five years later, I went over the more memorable PSA characters that have been famous in pop culture. But the 80's gave us a lot of PSA's, and some of them are remembered more than others. We loved the PSA's because they were so silly and goofy. 


Here are five more PSA's that I never quite got out of my head.



Bugs Bunny for Kitchen Safety



This is a pretty straightforward one regarding staying safe in your kitchen. Not much to really say about it, though as an adult I realize Mel Blanc did all the characters not just Bugs. 



The Chopper

Man the flashbacks this gave me. It's funny how you think you forgot something until you watch it, and it all comes back! I am not sure what is going on here to be honest. Exercise your choppers? I am guessing it was an eat healthy message but they figure kids would respond me to the "give your teeth exercise" rather than "eat healthy". Sure. And is this a Grease spoof or a Happy Days one?



Say No to Drugs

I don't really remember to many of these, I am sure there were plenty, but this one always stuck out in my head. That twist ending is pretty cool. 




The Munchies

So we go from telling kids to eat to work out your teeth to telling them not to snack, ever. The problem with this PSA is that it never mentions healthy snacking is ok. If you follow this one you'd never ever have a snack of any kind. Yeah I get it it's encouraging exercise but still they make it sound like all snacking is bad! 



Make a Saturday



Wow, at least the Munchies one's heart is in the right place. What the hell is this promoting? Stuffing your face with ice cream is ok as long as there's a banana in it? This one should have been rewritten. 



Ok I got two more I wanted to share but since I talked about them before let's call it extra's.


Time for Timer OJ



I talked about Time for Timer last time in an ad where he shows kids how to make a simple snack out Of cheese. But my favorite was this where he encourages a cool idea for an easy snack using orange juice. I aways loved he idea! Don't think I ever tried it though but I'm not sure.



And finally, my favorite PSA growing up was this one where C3PO and R2D2 discuss how bad smoking is. 



Did I miss your favorite? Comment and let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment