March 10, 2022

Top 5 Least Favorite "Diane" Episodes of Cheers

A few years ago I talked about how I was more of a fan of the Kirstie Alley era than the Shelly Long era of Cheers. So to do a best/worst list it had to be that era of of the series since I wasn't as familiar with the first five seasons. Since then I have become familiar with that era, and yeah most of these episodes are great. Not all of course. So to make things even here are five best/worst from that period.






And no they don't have to be centered on Diane to count here. I also decided to keep it to five rather than 10 because there were only five seasons.




Father Knows Least 







Some episodes just feel, off. There's no way to really describe it but this one about Carla's pregnancy (her first on the show) just felt weird to me. Especially that ending that even Carla herself seems to think is a tad odd. 





No Contest

This stupid Bostob bar maid episode is sexist and predictable. Enough said. By the way I could have put any of the Nick Tortelli one's here because I really hated that character, but the episodes he's in aren't really that bad. 





No Help Wanted

In this episode Sam decides to let Norm do his taxes. But Sam goes behind Norm's back abd has sonebe else do them. The whole thing feels out of character for the two. 





The Bartenders Tale

What an absolute waste of an episode. If you ever wondered what a filler show was, just check this one out. It's just a lame Sam story and does nothing to service the arc that it takes place in the middle of (when Diane almost wed Frasier). 






The Cape Cod/Chambers vs Malone


If you know the show then this one is obvious, and while I hate being predictable, I agree with the masses. I couldn't decide between the two so I made it a tie. Besides they both have the same problem. When Season five rolled around, the whole Sam and Diane stuff had been played. On top of that, Shelley Long was leaving at the end of the year anyway. At least I think that's why they made Diane so damn annoying that last year. "Cape Cod" is considered a real low point of the series as Sam tries to escape Diane vet she practically becomes a stalker. That gets reversed in the other episode, when Samn literally tries to kill Diane after she turned down his proposal again.They end up in court where Diane drops her charges when Sam proposes again. It's so stupid, Sam goes from not showing any interest in Diane to proposing marriage. At the end they do get engaged but I'm always like "really??"



 

So why now best of list? Honestly that would be really hard since most of the first five seasons are so solid and there aren't many I single out as one I like above the rest. I was pleasantly surprised at watching these episodes since as I said I always favored the Kirstie Alley era more.

No comments:

Post a Comment