June 5, 2016

Ten Earworms From Walt Disney World That Will Never Go Away!!

I love Disney World! There is so much I could talk about, but today I wanted to focus on the rides. Not the actual ride, but the music that went with them! Unlike most amusement parks which throw some sort of goofy calliope on all their rides, Disney has really good and memorable melodies to go with their attractions.


In fact I used to have a CD of Disney World music and I can tell I played it plenty of times. There is just something about those tunes that will never ever let you forget them. If you remember mt first earworm article I already talked about the big one most people think about, It’s a Small World After All. Want to hear it again?








That isn’t the only one. Here now are ten earworms from Walt Disney Word, EPCOT, and/or Disneyland. Most of these attractions have quie a lot of history surrounding them, but we’d be here all day if I covered all of that.




The important thing to remember is these are from when I was growing up, a lot of these have been changed or eliminated altogether by now but I will never forget them.





10.Carousel of Progress

I love this one but the reason this was such an earworm for me isn’t because it’s catchy, but because thanks to a thunderstorm my family got stuck listening to the same segment over and over! Seriously though I love this attraction (it basically uses animatronics to illustrate the changes over the course of a century) and while they keep changing the song, “Now is the Time” is the one I always always remember. “It’s Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow” is fine too. FYI both songs were written by The Sherman Brothers. Yes, those Sherman Brother! The Academy Award winning songwriting team from Mary Poppins among others. This ride has quiet a history and is worth checking it out, in fact it was said it was Walt Disney’s favorite












9.”Listen to” The Land

It was kind of hard to find one for EPCOT, they’re music tends to be more mainstream and therefore less memorable. This was a part of EPCOT’s future world and focused on pretty much what you think it focused on. Only two things I really remember from this was the Kitchen Kabaret (adorable but also no longer exists) and the Lion King related attraction. And of course the music with the boat tour. Which is pretty nice, even if it sounds like it belongs on Sesame Street. I don’t remember the boat tour but the music I do remember. It’s a bit different know but it hasn’t changed to much.










8.Pirates of the Caribbean

Before Johnny Depp changed it so that all people think of when they hear this name is the movies (I’m not kidding the ride was changed after the movie’s popularity), we had the original versions. The main theme is “Yo Ho (A Pirate’s Life for Me)” written by George Bruns and Xavier Atencio. It’s funny because I always remember the Yo Ho Yo Ho part, yet it takes forever for the soundtrack to get to that part.








7.Splash Mountain

Ugh. Not a fan of Song of the South. And I really wasn’t a big fan of Splash Mountain. But who can resist that zippy tune that goes along with both? Zippity Doo Dah is one of the peppiest tunes out there.









6.Winnie The Pooh Ride

I wanted to have one on here that is a little more contemporary. So while I have sadly never been on this ride, I am quite sure if I had this music would have a comfortable home somewhere in the corner of my mind.










5.Tiki Tiki Room

I’ve said before that I enjoyed the brief period when this attraction was taken over by Iago and Zazu. Maybe one of the reasons was because it meant that the rest of the birds were shoved into the background, and in fact this very song gets cut off by the two when they appear. Yeah that sounds like a bad thing…until you hear the main song for the attraction. It will never leave!! It’s one of those things where it’s so annoying, so irritating….you’ll never forget it. It was written in 1963 by Robert & Richard Sherman. Yep.







4.Country Bear Jamboree

I’ve tried to forget…but it will never leave. What else can I say? Country Bear Jamboree. Yeah kind of a cheat since this is a whole show but it’s one I always remember. There is one point where I can still remember my father clearly laughing. That is a special kind of earworm!








3.Land of Imagination

I know that the one I grew up with is long gone, but I simply adored it and will never forget. “One Little Spark” was sung by the dreamfinder and his little pal, a little dragon named Figment. I loved Figment. He was and still is the only original character to come out of EPCOT. It sucks he never became more popular outside of there. I know this ride has changed a lot from the one I fell in love with. Oh by the way, who wrote “One Little Spark?”. The Sherman Brothers!  I could go on but Moviefan12 has already discussed this at length, so rather than repeat what he already discussed I will simply share with you the music (and in this case visuals)…







2.The Haunted Mansion

This is one of those rides that everyone has been on and everyone just loves. I guess because of several reasons. It isn’t tied to a Disney film so it stands out as something more unique. It does a decent job being scary and fun at the same time. And the music is pretty damn near perfect. Grim Grinning Ghosts was composed by Buddy Baker and sung by Thurl Ravenscroft.







1.Main Street Electrical Parade

Oh my friends, let me tell you a story. A story of what Disney used to do in place of whatever they do now for the evening parade (Spectromagic? whatever it is, if this is still there please correct me). This was quite a sight, done twice a night for some reason, and it all began with that music. The underlying theme song is entitled “Baroque Hoedown” and I gotta tell you hearing that synthesizer melody play while all these brightly lite floats go by….it’s something you can never forget. Watch this video I promise you will never ever get this melody out of your head. Now there have been updates and stuff to the music, but this is the one I will always remember.








Damn, I really need to get back there. 18 years is way to long!! Oh by the way, remember “It’s  A Small World After All?” You’d never guess who composed it. Yep, The Sherman Brothers! You know, I may have to do a whole article on them. Of course ten is a drop in the bucket, Disney has all kinds of wonderful music that help to make that the happiest place on Earth. If I missed your favorite, or you think there is something new I should know about, comment and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment