May 30, 2014

Top 5 Favorite Themes to TV Shows I Never Watched

Theme songs are amazing things. A good theme song and get you excited for a show, and makes you smile when you think of it even years later. I have talked a lot about theme songs from TV shows I loved, but what about from TV shows I did not love? It is something special when a TV theme is so memorable that even though I had no interest in the program, I still can't help but love the theme!

Here are my top 5 favorite themes to TV shows I never watched




#5 Greatest American Hero

High on he list because, honestly, I am not sure if I never watched it or not. I was familair with it, but watch it? Not sure. I was to young to remember. But the theme is great song that I love to listen to. It was also a full fledged song which I remember hearing on my radio many times in the good old days.






#4.The People's Court


I said before that I never watched this show, and I didn't, but you gotta admit it has an awesome theme! Of course the reason I am so familiar with it is probably because anytime anyone does something legal related in a comedy show, this is the theme that more often than not pops up.








#3.Sanford & Son


I never got into this show. I was never much of a fan of Redd Fox either. But how can you ignore that kick ass theme song? It is awesome! "The Streetbeater" was produced by Quincy Jones and while not a success in the charts, it's a very popular piece of music and fits the show perfectly (I assume since, as I said, I never watched it).





#2. 321 Contact


When I was a kid I loved PBS. Sesame Street, Mr. Rogers, Electric Company...they were all great. The one I never got into was 3-2-1 contact. Even though I did read the magazine and loved it, the show just never got my interest. Maybe because it was science themed, or maybe because it was played more straight then the other shows. The theme song did get my interest and I enjoy it despite never watching a minute of the show. Especially that last part. 3....2....1  CONTACT!!!






#1. Dr.Who

I never did get into this show. It seemed to silly when I was a kid. As an adult, I am intimiated by the forty years of history. It's like starting Star Trek with Voyager, things will seem odd. But thanks to Channel Awesome (AT4W most notably) I have had some exposure to it and I have to admit...that theme song rocks!! I freaking love it!



Regarding the clip. I couldn't decide which theme to use, and then I found a video which has ALL OF THEM! Enjoy.

Ok in fairness the earlier shows had a weaker theme but the one used in the more modern era just KICKS ASS!! Now I just need to actually sit through an entire episode......
:)


That's it for now my friends, if I come with five more I will be back with that. Until then, be good to yourselves

2 comments:

  1. I think mine would have to the The A-Team. I've never watched the show or movie and I think the theme is pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris Lang
    11:30 AM on May 31, 2014
    All of the songs on your list are what TV Tropes calls Ear Worms. Whether you watch the shows or not, those theme songs will get stuck in your head.

    While I never watched Greatest American Hero, People's Court, and Sanford and Son either, those theme songs do end up getting stuck in my head whenever someone even mentions those shows.

    Reply BigBlackHatMan
    7:05 AM on May 31, 2014
    I watched 321 Contact and the theme song was part of the reason. It got you excited to learn about science. Good work


    Reply James
    12:43 AM on May 31, 2014
    Oh man, this is a fun topic to think of. I agree with everything on your list, but if I were to offer some alternatives...

    Perfect Strangers, Batman the animated series, The Twilight Zone, The Simpson's, The Andy Griffith Show, Ducktales, Star Trek, MASK, Gilligan's Island, The Munsters, Mission: Impossible...I could go on and on. So much fun to think of.


    Reply Les
    7:47 PM on May 30, 2014
    Hi richb. Yeah, getting into Doctor Who does not depend on watching all the episodes from the first Hartnel series(Doctor 1) through to the present. The trick is to pick a Doctor, and watch the show from the show of his first appearance and follow his series through to his death/regeneration. I recommend starting with either Christopher Eccleston(The 9th Doctor) or Matt Smith(The 11th Doctor) They do very well to establish the Whoniverse irrespective of having seen any other Doctor series, my friend. Peace.


    Reply alexthed
    6:45 PM on May 30, 2014
    As a recent Dr. Who convert, I can tell you that yes, you can enjoy the new series without watching the original 40 years of back episodes. I must confess I've only watched a few of the classic episodes.

    ReplyDelete