September 14, 2013

Top 5 Least Favorite Episodes of AT4W


I love AT4W. After The Nostalgia Critic, Linkara is my favorite internet personality. I look forward to every new episode and watch his old stuff all the time. Just about a year ago I revealed my favorite episodes. So today I wanted to talk about the other side of the coin, five episodes I just do not like.






#5.The Live Shows



This is kind of a cheat, but I am not a huge fan of the live shows he posts. It isn't the same show and the annoying audience members make it worst. It is probably lots of fun to see the show live, but watching it later fails for me. Now of course he has done a few by now and I liked some more than others. The one thing I do like is the Q&A he does after the show, that is worth tuning in for.







#4.Freak Force #1



Linkara had a story line where he disapeared, and was missing for a month. In the meantime he had others host his show. And these three episodes sucked. It pains me to admit it, but the first one Liz hosted was only ok. I know it's not her fault, it wasn't the worst and I love Iron Liz. But the episode was only ok. The one with Harvey Finevoice was only so-so. The worst was this one, with 90's kid. I love 90's Kid as much as anyone, but no way he can carry a whole review. In fact the end feels lile it gave up. Nice try but these episodes, especially this one, are total fails.






#3.Silent Hill


Which one? All of them! I have no interest in Silent Hill. In  fact I had never even heard of it. Remember, not a gamer.  It took me awhile to get through these, I just didn't care. If it hadn't been for the storylines tied into the issues I probably still wouldn't have watched them. I have now watched them all completely but for me these episodes were just so uninteresting.





#2.Zero Patrol #2.


Most of the episodes I don't like are for one simple reason. I don't care about the comic, so unless Linkara does something real funny the review will be a bore. Youngbloods is a bore for example. However Spawn #1 has some good jokes so that one is ok. This one, despite his best effort, just does not work for me. Everytime I watch it I can't get through it, and it's not a bad review. I am not sure what it is. There are other reviews which are so boring the episode doesn't work for me, but this one is just a big fail.





#1.Tales of Suspense #39


Oh man, this one hurt. Secret Origins month is awesome, how could this possibly miss? The subject was teh secret origin of Iron Man. Linkara does a funny drunk Tony Stark impression, but he made two mistakes here in my opinion. The first was doing the drunk voice for the whole review. It got old! But worst, the voice just didn't make sense in the context of the story. If you saw the movie you get the idea, so why would Stark be drunk if he is out in the dessert?? Linkara defended this by saying that Stark was such a drinker he would always have high blookd alcohol count. Yeah, not sure about that. All I know is that this was annoying and it was hard not to skip while watching this.







As they say, they can't all be gems. Despite the occasional misses I still love AT4W and hope it sticks around for a very long time. What are your least favorite episodes?

No comments:

Post a Comment