December 15, 2011

My 12 Favorite Christmas Commercials Ever


I love Christmas commercials! Just the amount of work put into them is enough to be impressed by. I know younger folks can't appreciate the cool ads we had in the 80's and 90's (yes, and probably the 70's, but I'm not that old!). Here are a few of my favorites.

Cheese. This is such a simple, yet very effective ad. Ah, the power of cheese!




Coca-Cola. I had the choice from dozens of great Coke commercials (seriously, every one of these could have been Coke ads, they are always great!), but chose this one as my favorite. It's such a beautiful ad with a great melody.



Jello Jigglers. I love this commercial. It's really nothing fancy, just Bill Cosby and a couple of kids. What makes it a favorite is the end, it always makes me laugh. The clip kind of cuts off the very end, but I think you'll get the idea.



Oreos. What a sweet little ad this is




M&M'S. They had some pretty ads but this is the famous one. This first aired in the 90's and became such a classic. I think it's still playing. It's a great setup and a funny pay off.


McDonalds-Amazing how few of these there are. However, this one is a true classic. If you are my age, or older, than you have to be familiar with this one.



Fruity Pebbles. Yes, I know the Flintstones celebrating Christmas makes no sense. However, you have to like this ad




Honey Nut Cheerios. This ad has a great actor playing Scrooge. Strange as it may sound, which is why I think this ad works


7-UP. Gotta love this ad using the red dots or whatever they were. It's got a lot of action for a little ad, but is real cute.


Folgers. This sweet little ad is one of the first Christmas commercials I remember seeing. Just love it.


Hershey. Well, here it is. I think this may be the most famous Christmas commercial ever. Started over thirty years ago, It STILL PLAYS TODAY! Hershey came up with a simple, yet effective little ad and it's great



KixAnd finally this ad is adorable and simple you almost forget the product they are advertising sucks




There is just something about these commercials. They become part of our Christmas memories, reminding us of when we were young and what we loved about the holiday. I really enjoyed putting this together, I hope you enjoyed reading it and reliving these memories. Did I miss your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment