June 11, 2021

Top 10 Favorite Batmobiles

When you think about it, the Batmobile is a silly idea. Maybe it made sense in the early days of comics, but why does Batman really need a car? And yet, it's a part of Batman's lore that is still around. Unlike other things that have faded away (does he even use a utility belt anymore?) the Batmobile has appeared in many incarnations each with their own unique version. Originally it began as a, well, car that Batman drove. But over the decades it has taken on a lore of its own. Others have tried to duplicate it, villains and heroes, but there is only one Batmobile!







So let's go through my favorite versions. These can be from live action, animated or comics. 





#10.Arkham Games

This is high because it's almost cheating even being here. Since I never really played the games. But it was only fair to include a video game example and looking over the design...yeah it is pretty cool. 





#9.The Tumbler

Ok I am just going to say it. I hate this version. A lot. I mean it's a badass vehicle, but this is no a Batmobile! Batmobile is supposed to be sleek and have some kind of style. Not be a damn tank! And that's exactly what this is as it drives over cars and tears through the streets. 





#8..Batman Forever

Yeah....No. Just no. Why in the world is the car so lit like that? It looks like some kind of street rod and it's just bad.





#7.Batman & Robin

Better than the previous but still looks stupid. And it's ugly as all hell. 





#6.Superfriends

This is a nice design but there's one problem. It's just so...ordinary. It looks like they tried to mesh the tv series with the comic designs and muted both of them. 




#5.Batman V Superman







I had a hard tine deciding if this was worst than the Nolan movies. I really didn't notice it in the movie, unlike the Nolan movies where it ticked me off. It is sleeker and had more elements which called back to previous designs. That is something  I can get behind. 




#4.Comics

Over the year the Batmobile has been used less and less in the comics. As I noted above, Batman doesn't really need a car. But of course that's where the concept began and continues with more design variations than I can count. So many that I could do a top 10 on just the comic designs alone. 





#3.The Animated Series

Umm....what is this? Some kind if limousine? I get the feeling creators knew the Batmobile wasn't quite a thing anymore and just put out a design for show only. . I know it changed later in the series. I know I'm being hard on it considering where it is on the list but at least the design looks like its trying and it's not but ugly like the Schumacher one's. 




#2.1966 Series

Yeah I know like I didn't gush enough about how cool this was last year. The reason it's #2 isn't because of how cool it is. But how iconic it is. This is the car that set the standard for all the others here. I also think it made the concept of the Batmobile popular, like the show did with so much of Batman lore. And it still impresses me the work they put into that car to make awesome!





#1.Tim Burton Films

I know, how unique. This car had it all it was cool, it was badass, and it fit in beautifully within the universe. This car stole the show in the first movie when it appeared. In the second movie..it didn't come off as good but that's ok. If the tv series made the concept popular it was the 1989 movie that made the design popular. I know some like to criticize the shields or implausible pole that enables the car to make turns (isn't it better than the lame parachutes the tv series version had?) but this will always be the best version of the Batmobile to me. 




So what are my thoughts on the design of the car coming in the new movie? 

Eh.....At least its not a damn tank! 



The Batmobile is awesome and will always be awesome. If I missed your favorite be sure to let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment