September 4, 2020

Batman (1966) Episode 101

Episodes 101

Louie, The Lilac






Plot:Louie The Lilac has cornered the flower market so he can control the “flower generation”. I think this episode was made in the 60’s.


Guest Stars:Milton Berle as Louie the Lilac


Trivia:Milton Berle appears here after doing a cameo in season two. I really miss season 2.


Niitpick:Sigh. How come Gordon seemed so concerned about Louie at the end of the last episode and here he seems to have no idea who he is? I know I broke my word.



Bat Silliness:Like, groovy man!



Bat Gadget:Nothing new today



Bat Trap:Poison Ivy would have been proud of the flower trap Louie puts the Duo in. Man Eating Lilac’s



Final Thoughts:Louie is a former gangster who is into flowers now. Well, that seems believable. To be fair, Milton Berle isn’t bad here. He plays straight but convincingly. The character is ok but the episode is just so...”Way to Eden”. Flower power man! Lilac interrupts a flower sit in whatever it is, and gives everyone flowers. He has a flower in his lapel that does..something. I guess it mesmerizes people. Barbara is the one who takes the initiative to summon Batman on the red phone which her father is not happy about. Louie manages to misdirect the Dynamic Duo to a flower store. They’re caught and put in a trap but managed to escape, and I was sure Batgirl would save them but she just shows up for the fight. So what was Louie’s big master plan? I don’t know all I got was something about flower power. Whatever that is. Is the flower market that strong? Or even a thing?


Grade:D+, I didn’t think it would be that high but Berle was actually really good. To bad the plot is soooo dated. By the way I mentioned “Way to Eden” but at least we don't get two hippie songs in this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment