March 18, 2018

Six Underrated Disney Songs I Love


I haven’t talked about Disney in awhile. And as I look through my previous stuff I realize I haven’t discussed Disney music nearly enough. Music from Disney movies is always something special. They always go that extra mile so not only is the song fitting in the movie but it so well done that it tanscens the movie and is just a massive hit. In 1995 I heard “Color of the Wind” constantly on the radio. And is there anybody who can’t sing along to “A Spoonful of Sugar”? And the villain songs are even better, but that’s another article.



3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love "I just can't wait to be king! It is the only song in the movie, that is catchy and just fun to listen to. Sure, many people think that Simba is an annoying brat while singing this song. And I remember that my mother even wondered if he wanted his father to die, so he could be king instead! But the point is that Simba is just a kid at this point, who had not matured enough yet to realize the faults in his thinking. And in the end, he managed to take responsibility as an adult, while his uncle Scar, who was older and should be wiser than him, only used his position as king to boss others around and imprison Zazu. Even if that meant that the whole pride were near starvation, he didn't budge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why do people forget that, he was a kid!!

      Delete
    2. Some people just can't stand bratty kids, at all. And those will never like Simba as a child. But for me, I like how we can see that he grew up and matured and Scar didn't.

      Delete