January 7, 2016

Five Favorite Movie Moments I’ve Never Seen

There is nothing better when a movie a scene so powerful that not only do we never forget, but no one forgets it. We all have those favorite movie moments. You know the one’s, that almost transcend the medium and become so popular that even if you’ve never seen the actual movie chances are you know the scene or line of dialogue. Mostly because the moment is so loved that it gets mentioned, homaged and/or parodied all over the place. That’s what I want to discuss today.


Here are five moments from movies that are so famous, so iconic that I love them too….even though I have never seen the movie the actual moment appears in!



Moonstruck
I am pretty sure I never sat through this movie, sounds like it could be boring. Cher did win an Oscar for it so there must be something good in it. But the classic line I love is occurs at one point when Nicholas Cage says he loves Cher. Her slap and saying “Snap out of it!” is a great moment. Wonder what the context was?  :)




An Officer and A Gentleman
Is there anyone on Earth who doesn’t know how this movie ends? It has one of the most iconic endings ever, which has been parodied a million times. I guess if I watched the whole movie it would be even cooler, but it’s so boring. By the way I also loved “Up Where We Belong” without ever hearing it in the movie either, but I discussed that already.







The Shining

I am not a fan of scary movies. I am not a fan of Steven King. So it should come to no great surprise that I have never seen this movie. But I feel like I have, with all the homages including Nostalgia Critic’s. By the way I still enjoyed that review because I have seen this scene so much that I knew what they were parodying (and very well I might add). The “Here’s Johnny!” scene is so memorable that I can’t help but admire how scary it is.








Gone with the Wind

I have never tried to sit through this movie, and I am sure I never will. It’s just to long. But you have to love that final scene. When Scarlett asks Rhett what she is going to do, and he answers her in a way that is simple and yet blunt. That Clark Gable really knew how to deliver a line. And “Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn” is one of my favorite movie lines ever. Is it weird I have never seen the movie but I still adore the “Went with the Wind” sketch that Carol Burnett did years ago?








The Matrix
I wanted something a little more recent, and I guess this will have to do. I never saw the Matrix, and from what I’ve heard I don’t want to see the second and third. But despite that, the scene where Morpheus tries to explain The Matrix to Thomas is really cool. Laurence Fishburn is fantastic in the way he says his lines, and that one line at the end almost made me see this movie. Love it. By the way same can be said for the cool action fight scenes, I have seen those parodied to death elsewhere.






Next time my friends I have something real special planned. I am going to talk about a movie that I have avoided for years. It’s something long overdo, and we’ll get into it in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment