July 1, 2012

My Top 10 Favorite Nostalgia Critic Episodes



It’s hard to believe for me, but it’s only been a little over a year that I discovered TGWTG. It has always bothered me that I came in late; it took me forever to play catch up trying to learn about the reviewers and the videos. Some I love (Film Brain, Nostalgia Chick). Some I like but hate what they review (Phelous, Lupa, and Cinema Snob). Some I just have no interest in what they review (Gamers mostly). And a few I just hate (Blockbuster Buster). Of all of them two I absolutely love. First is Linkara, who I may talk about in another article about AT4W, and the other of course is The Nostalgia Criticl

I came into these reviews by accident, as I stumbled on his cliché list in on YouTube. It got me interested so I wanted to see more. One night I was up past 1:00 in the morning, I just couldn’t stop. It is hard to get me to laugh, but his videos had me laughing my a** off!  For the longest time all I watched was Nostalgia Critic, I had no interest in anyone else. That was until a little film called Suburban Knights came along. That was when I officially became a fan of the site and went thru and learned about all the reviewers.
Anyway, I am getting off topic. Today as we approach the 4th anniversary of that site I thought I would talk about my ten favorite Nostalgia Critic episodes. The one’s I love and could watch a million times.
I realize this would be easier if I had video clips, but if you either have not seen an episode or maybe have forgotten, then you can always check it out again.

#10.Top 11 Cereal Mascots.
I always know when I see a “top 11” that the episode isn’t going to be very funny. They never are which is cool. Sometimes informative can be just as fun. This is on here because I just enjoyed the history lessons he gives for each mascot. It’s not that funny but it is so interesting that it doesn’t need to be.

#9. HOME ALONE III
This review was really good, because the movie was really horrible. This was before he felt the need to yell at everything, so he was able to convey the craziness in a less spastic way. The best part of this review was his riff on John Hughes. The bit about what Hughes was on when he wrote the script was really funny.


#8. Ferngully
I didn’t really know who the Nostalgia Chick was when I first saw this but that didn’t keep me from loving this review. This was just so funny; I still crack up when I watch it. Every joke works and we even get an introduction to Big Lipped Alligator Moment. One of the first crossovers I ever saw, and it was just lots of fun.

#7. Alaska
I love this review! I laughed at all the bits, which is remarkable because this is an older review. It came out around the time people started to accuse Nostalgia Critic of not being funny anymore. This review was funny as hell!

#6 Superman IV
This is a great review, and not just because it has my two favorite reviewers. In fact when I first saw it I hardly knew who Linkara was. My favorite moment comes at the beginning, when Linkara is impesrsonating the critic. Nostalgia Critic suddenly appears, and has this look on his face. He doesn’t have to say a word, you get it. I have always loved how expressive his face is. This movie is so easy to make fun of, and they sure do. I have to quickly mention the other review they did together, the Insurrection review which was great. In fact I loved every second of Star Trek Month.

#5 Casper
This is here because Casper was one of my favorite bits. I laugh every time they do the “timing” joke or the song about exposition. I went back and forth on this one because the end of the review has the critic chasing Casper and killing him, which I always thought was lame. I always skip that when I watch this. However, the review part is really funny so it still deserves a place here.

#4.The OTHER animated Titanic Movie
Dear lord this movie was silly! The review on this was really funny. Most of the time when Nostalgia Critic complains about a movie he is watching, it’s kind of hard to really relate. The movie just never seems that bad. This is the exception, this is terrible. The review is just hilarious.

#3.North
Want to watch a review which is literally non-stop laughs? Here is the review for you. This movie is so full of material, and Nostalgia Critic takes advantage of it. I remember when this movie came out, it was supposed to be a big hit. This review is one of those where Nostalgia Critic almost doesn’t have to do anything. He could just let the movie play.

#2.A Simple Wish
I know, I know. This is an easy one because of the amazing Mara Wilson cameo. But the truth is, this is a pretty funny review even without that. The movie is so silly and the jokes are pretty good. But, it’s the cameo at the end which pushes this from good review into one of THE classic Nostalgia Critic’s of all time.

#1.Independence Day
Why is this #1? This was the first, or one of the first, real reviews I ever saw. And I laughed so hard! I loved this review, it was just brilliant. Boomer lives!!!!  I saw the movie last year and started laughing thinking of this review. I loved everything about it. A strong, hilarious review which was my inauguration to the world of TGWTG. I love this site, and hope it continues for a very long time.

Honorable Mentions:
Neverending Story III was a close call. Why isn’t Batman &  Robin on here? I just didn’t love that review when I first saw it. Yeah the freak out over the bat credit card is funny, but was never one of my favorite moments. Tom & Jerry had that great bit when he hears the two talk for the first time, but after that the review isn’t very memorable. The Simon Sez crossover with Lupa was really good. The old vs new’s aren’t funny but can be interesting especially Batman vs. The Dark Knight which I agree with. I also wanted to mention the commercial episodes but they got pushed off the list. I love these because I have always had a thing for nostalgic ads. These three videos are hilarious with some really funny bits littered through. FUCKING BUBBLES!!!!  (my favorite joke, including sparkle sparkle!)

Well, the truth is that I love pretty much every review that he has done. I can, and have, watched them over and over again. I hope that he keeps doing these as long as he can. That’s it I hope you enjoyed that and remember, this was all just opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment