August 5, 2018

Batman:The Killing Joke-Two Years Later


So I had a chance to catch up on a few DC Universe animated movies. And the results have been, mixed. Ok I HATED Superman:Doomsday. But I also checked out Superman/Batman:Public Enemies and Superman:The Elite. I was impressed with how close to the comics they were. But one thing that irks me is that in both DC tweaked the story and usually in a lame way. I can’t explain why without spoiling but let’s just say that in both endings the movies are not identical to the one in their original stories. And that isn’t the worst thing. You have to make changes in an adaptation, especially when you realize you audience may not be familiar with a certain character or situation. But it does seem to be a thing with DC, making stupid and unnecessary changes. Which leads us the crown jewel of examples for this:


No comments:

Post a Comment