August 20, 2015

Top 10 Favorite Modes of Transportation From Cartoons

I talked a ways back about awesome cars and vehicles from TV shows and movies. But cartoons tend to be cooler than anything live action can bring us. This makes sense of course, since the limitation is the animators imagination. I called this list modes of transportation become some of these are more than just vehicles, but they all serve the same function. To get the hero from Point A to Point B and be absolutely bad ass while doing it. Some of these are so popular they have almost become characters in their own right!


I didn’t say it in the title because it was getting to long, but this is limited to TV cartoons. Movie animated vehicles is another list entirely my friends!!






#10.The Mach Five (Speed Racer)
386926-speed-racer
How cool does a show have to be when I know the theme song by heart despite NEVER watching the show? While I haven’t see the show just looking at the cars featured kind of makes me want to. They look so cool!






#9Ranger Plane (Chip & Dale’s Rescue Rangers)
Ranger_Plane
This show was much cooler than it had any right to be. Chip and Dale solving mysteries? Why not! One of the best parts was the vehicle they used to get from place to place. The Ranger Plane is a bleach bottle with wings (seriously) strapped to a big red balloon that somehow flies thanks to Gadget. It’s just cool!






#8.GadgetMobile (Inspector Gadget)
Gadget-mobile
It gets forgotten but one of the coolest things on Inspector Gadget was the car! This was a car that could transform into a police car when Gadget was on a mission. How could it do that? Who cares! It was awesome! It had a few other features to like a giant claw for some reason.






#7.Optimus Prime (Transformers)
transformers-2
I said these methods of transportation get the heroes where they need to be for action, but in this case the hero IS the method of transportation! Why only him and not all the Transformers? Because I LOVED Optimus Prime. He was one of my favorite toys growing up,and the character on the show RULED. He kicked ass in robot form, and kicked ass in his truck form. There’s a reason his death scene was flat out traumatic in the stupid movie (er, the animated one not the Michael Bay crap thing).Oh and what was he carrying in that truck? A missile launcher. How cool is that!!!!







#6.Ecto I (The Real Ghostbusters)/Batmobile (Batman:The Animated Series)
Ecto1Animated10batmobile-from-batman-the-animated-series
Why a tie? Because neither of these were created initially for the cartoons they apeared in. Ecto I was seen in the Ghostbusters movies of course. It’s still really cool in The Real Ghostbuster. While it’s basically the same it does do some stunts that it could never do in live action. And we have seen many versions of The Batmobile on TV, but one seen in Batman The Animated Series was pretty awesome! Cleanly inspired by the Tim Burton movie it is still unique in its own way.







#5.Battle Cat (He-Man)
He-Man-On-Battle-Cat-1024x768-Wallpaper-ToonsWallpapers.com-
Ok this is could be a cheat. First off all, this is no vehicle but a living animal. But since more than anything else is meant to be He-Man’s method of getting places, I decided to count him. When the heck else and I going to get to talk about him? I love him! Battle Cat doesn’t fool around, he’s a large tiger who even in the 80’s cartoon was to be taken seriously! He was also a companion for He-Man, since he could talk (for some reason). I love Battle Cat, one of my favorite episodes was his origin story which was written by Star Trek scribe D.C.Fontana. Cool!








#4.Jetsons Car
Jetsons_car
I bet many people when they think flying car, they think of the Jetsons. They almost single handedly made the concept poplar. It’s such a simple design, obviously who ever came up with was thinking of flying saucer’s since that’s basically what it looks like. But it works and it just wouldn’t be The Jetsons without it.








#3.Invisible Jet (Superfriends)
super-friends-73_L05
This is a bit of a cheat since this started in Wonder Woman comics (and the live show). Buuttt I had never read the comics before I saw the show, so it counts. This is Wonder Woman’s invisible robot plane. I never knew its origin or understood why she needed it (aside from being unable to fly in the old days). In fact many episode of the show Batman has his Batjet, so why did Wonder Woman need one? No wonder she would fly eventually. But despite my snark this one awesome plane. It was invisible and responded to telepathy!!!







#2.Flintstones’s Car (The Flintstones’s)
dc1b36836332a7c7ac6490287eb87970
Through the courtesy of Fred’s two feet! I’m not sure what it is about this car that it so fondly remembered. I mean, it doesn’t do anything but drive Fred and Barney around. Heck, it doesn’t even really do that. Without an engine they have to do the work with their own feet! But something about the cool design makes it a favorite. It even saved the day in the Flintstones Meet The Jetsons, but that was actually stupid. This car is just cool!!









#1.The Mystery Machine (Scooby Doo)
scooby-doo-01-800
It’s just a van, why is this so popular? Is it the cool psychedelia paint job? There is something really cool about The Mystery Machine, it’s almost the sixth member of the group! And no I’m not making any jokes about what Scooby and Shaggy may have been doing in the back of that van. It Fred’s van (except when it was Shaggy’s at times) and it just wouldn’t be a true Scooby Doo mystery without it.







Alright guys, I managed to ten but I know I missed some great one’s. Comment and let me know.

1 comment: