April 1, 2014

Top 5 Reasons I Loved A View to a Kill



A View to a Kill came out in 1985, and it wasn't the biggest hit in the world. But for me, it's always had a special place in my heart. One reason is this is the first Bond movie I had seen in theatres. Until then I had seen every other James Bond movie till that time on video. This was the first one I saw in theatres, and man was I impressed! Oh, maybe I was just to young and naïve, but I enjoyed watching what was then one of my favorite action stars on the big screen at last! But this movie still gets it's criticism. Here are five other reasons that I love A View to a Kill.






Grace Jones


What ever happened to her anyway? She was freaking cool! She was a Jamaican model, actress, and singer and was all over the place in the 80's. Including this movie where she played May Day. If memory serves she did not have many lines, but she was still awesome.






Duran Duran


Oh come one, you know that theme song rocks! I loved Duran Duran in the 80's and this song remains on my ipod to this day. I wont go so far as to say it;s the best Bong Theme, but hey it isn't Madonna either!!






Christopher Walken


Oh come on, it's freaking Christopher Walken!! Anything he is in is automatically awesome. I think this was my first exposure to Walken and I always remembered him in this role. My favoirte moment comes when MayDay sacrifices herself while getting the bomb out of the cave. Zorin watches this, and after it explodes he seems genuimely heartbroken. Mant movie villains would just say "whatever" and move on, but he shows real depth in that one moment.





Shot in San Francisco


One of the things I really liked was that for once a Bond film spent some time in the United States. And that Golden Gate Bridge scene was pretty cool.






Hey, it's not Timothy Dalton


They say Roger Moore was to old for this role by this point, and that may be. But when I saw Timothy Dalton in the next movie I hated him instantly. I was always a fan of Roger Moore and liked him in this.






So does this all mean the movie is good?




No, it isn't. It is slow, the plot is cliche ridden, Roger Moore was to old (and hates this movie I read), and that Bond girl was awful. To this day I can hear that annoying blonde girk scream "JAMES!" over and over, and a little part of me dies inside. This movie is a favorite more for sentimental reasons. It just doesn't have that appeal to be a classic Bond movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment