August 16, 2012

Eight Great Songs from Eight Not So Great Animated Movies

Last year I did list of great Christmas songs from not so great Christmas movies. I then followed it up with a list of pop songs which are much better known than the movie which spawned them. Today I am going to go over eight songs from animated movies where the song is more highly regarded than the film which originated it.

#8. "At the Beginning" from Anastasia
Nothing taking Russian history and doing whatever we want with it. This film wasn't that bad but it wasn't great either. What was pretty good was this cool song which came from the movie.


#7. "The Prayer" from Quest for Camelot
This is a beautiful little song from Celine Dion, among others, and I enjoy listening to it during the holidays. I was very surprised that such a nice song came from such a crappy movie. If you saw the Nostalgia Critic's review I don't need to explain why it was bad, but the song is beautiful.

#6. "When You Believe" from The Prince of Egypt
Cheating a little on this one because this was a decent movie. At least, I've heard it was because I've never seen it. I am including it because I think the song by Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston was more popular than the actual film turned out to be.

#5. "Why Should I Worry" from Oliver & Company
Oliver & Company came along just before the Disney renassaicne in the late 90's. To be fair, this movie isn't that good. It isn't bad either, but compared to the masterpieces that followed it doesn't match up. However this song by Billy Joel is awesome, and once you hear it you will never forget it.

#4. "Reflection" from Mulan
I may be off base saying this was bad, this is another one which I never saw but fell in love with the song anyway. The movie is probably fine, but the song is amazing.

#3. "You'll Be In My Heart" from Tarzan
I actually liked this movie, and I enjoyed the Phil Collins song which was featured in it. No complaints here, decent movie and a great song

#2. "Zip A Dee Doo Dah" from Song of the South
What can you say about this movie? Boring? Hell yeah. A little racist? Sure. Makes no sense? Well that may be pushing it a bit. This movie has one thing going for it, and it's this little upbeat number which is real fun to sing.

#1. "Go the Distance" from Hercules
Who knew it would be a Michael Bolton song that would be the best part of a Disney movie? This movie was just lousy, but at least we got this song out of it.

That's it, hope you liked it

No comments:

Post a Comment